Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OMG WORLD CUP

The World Cup should happen all the time, because then I stay at the cross trainer way longer and run way faster than usual. I did 8km during the first half. COME ON SPAIN!

I mean, what? I know this is totally unlike me, but the obsession is terribly infectious, and watching is really exciting and communal. Yelling in pubs is great fun. And it's one of those transparent games where even if you're a layman, you can tell when a team is working well together and such. So, yeah, I'm enjoying getting into the spirit.

Anyway, my goal is to write 2000 words tonight, and it's going to happen no matter what. But not until football is over.

...Okay, it's over. SO EXCITED FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY NOW. YAY SPAIN. And yay for completely new champions in World Cup history! I actually don't care who wins at this point because I like Holland too. It's nice to be invested, but not completely invested.

In other news, Erin has moved in to the apartment above me! I helped her pack and move her suitcases up and down the stairs yesterday. It made me realize that I'm in desperate need of some spring cleaning, as soon as this next dissertation section is done, because I have accumulated random things that I really don't need. But in any case, now we can having cooking parties and other things, which will be lovely.

I also have a new housemate named Betty, who apparently just finished up her program but is waiting to move somewhere else. She's also Chinese, so now we have an all-Chinese household except for me. What precisely is residential administration trying to tell me? But anyway, she seems perfectly nice, so hopefully the flat will continue to be harmonious.

And to just keep with the completely fragmentary nature of this post, I just made some extremely delicious risotto. Okay, off to dinner and writing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment