Saturday, August 7, 2010

Adult responsibility win!

I have a flat in Durham!

It's on one of the many hills in the city, about twenty minutes from the university, and it's quite lovely. The neighborhood, Gilesgate, is very quiet, at least insofar as I'm living away from the more student-populated section, and apparently I have cute retired neighbors who give us vegetables from their garden. The whole process couldn't have been easier, to be honest. The owners of the house are a really lovely couple who picked me up from the train station to see the house, were very reasonable and realistic about the costs, and generally seemed very easy to get along with. I think I'll be very happy as their tenant.

So far I know I'm living with an older PhD student from Northern Ireland, and a Saudi masters student. There's one more bedroom that's available as far as I know, but it may or may not be occupied by another American student who's been in contact. In any case, it seems like it should be a very harmonious house, so I'm pleased and relieved to know where I'm going.

In the meantime, I'm getting bribed with chocolate by my flatmate to proofread her dissertation. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment