Friday, March 25, 2011

I am living The Trial.

So my life has taken a turn for the Kafka-esque, which is to say that I nearly got deported because my visa was denied to me due to a paperwork oversight. Yes. Apparently this is my life.

Several heart attacks later, I am now making a new application which will once again take an absurd amount of time and paperwork to process. I am...annoyed, to say the least, particularly because I have plans to go to Paris, and I would really like for that to still happen. I deserve to be able to come and go from this country as I please! Christ on a cracker.

Anyway.

I obviously didn't get any work done this week because I was too busy chasing down letters and bank statements and other paraphernalia, but I'm hoping next week will be thoroughly productive. I'm taking the weekend off to see Newcastle's castle and aquarium, and then I'm meeting with my adviser on Monday to talk about work. I kind of also want to buy him a mug or something, because he wrote a really nice endorsement letter for my new visa application that was very supportive and complimentary and will hopefully butter up whoever processes my application at the home office.

Also! I'm doing a regional poster competition since I got awarded in the university one, so I get to edit my poster and reprint it, and then hang out at the town hall for a day again. It sounds like there are lots of interesting institutes and research groups from the northeast participating, so it should be fun. And there are cash prizes, which is definitely a plus.

And now, bonus material: Maggie has peer-pressured me into making a Tumblr. For those who may not know, Tumblr is a sort of microblogging site similar to Twitter, except with media content and no word limit. I like archiving pictures, videos and quotes that I like on it. So if you're interested, check out A Fine Anachronism. It is fun times, and has cool things in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment