Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Win.

Okay, so everything's worked out, so far as I know. I have my ID card, I'm officially in the system, now it's just a matter of timing my visa application when the time comes around so I'm not without my passport while I have to travel or something. But as far as the university is concerned, I'm registered.

Whew.

This means that I took out lots of books from the library today with my newly activated card! From all sorts of different subjects too--I'm reading up on the English working class and the evolution of the Gothic and Victorian urbanism to start looking for some avenues of approach for research. From there I'll do my literature survey this weekend. It is going to be busy times, but will totally happen.

Anyway, I'm glad my run-in with bureaucracy has ended for the time being. Now I can do actual work instead of paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment