Thursday, January 21, 2010

In which I clearly need to read information on websites more carefully.

Leeds was full of lies! My PhD applications are due way later than I thought! My world is full of sunshine and rainbows!

Ahem.

So yeah, I'm beginning my applications process. Mostly just registering accounts with the universities and entering in all the basic information. It's a start. I feel fairly organized, despite clearly being clueless about dates the first time around. Anyway, I've also sent off an email to one of the English professors who offered help on getting this stuff together, so hopefully he will write back and I can have a chat with him so I'm not making random stabs in the dark.

Classes don't start until February, so I'm mostly just trying to refill my refrigerator with healthy food and waiting for people to finish with their exams so that we can hang out. I also have a piano lesson next week, which should be fun! I've been able to get into the building a few times this week to practice, so it won't be a disaster. I'm slowly getting the hang of the Rachmaninov Etude-Tableaux.

In other news, I have great luck with weather around here. I know it was apparently crappy a few days before I arrived, and now it's comfortably in the upper 30s, low 40s, and not particularly dark or gloomy. So I'm pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment